Georgia is a European country located at the intersection of Eastern Europe and West Asia. This country shares its borders with the Black Sea in the west, Russia in the north, Turkey and Armenia in the south and Azerbaijan in the Southeast. The capital of Georgia is Tbilisi which is known for its diverse architecture and mazelike, cobblestone streets. The major area of the country is covered with mountains.
The Likhi Range divides the country into eastern and western halves. The eastern part of Georgia faces hot summers and cold winters while the climate in the western part is influenced by elevation.
Georgia is a member of the Council of Europe, OSCE and Eurocontrol. It is also a part of the European Union's Free Trade Area since 2014. Georgia has shown a commendable growth from a near-failed state in 2003 to a relatively well-functioning market economy in 2014. Georgia has also been named as the World's number one economic reformer by the World Bank.
Georgia has maintained good relations with its neighbors and is a member of the United Nations, the Council of Europe, the World Trade Organization, the Organization of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation, the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, the Community of Democratic Choice, the GUAM Organization for Democracy and Economic Development, and the Asian Development Bank
Want help with Admission 2020
MBBS In Georgia
Georgia has successfully achieved 100% of literacy and is considered to be the best place for studying medicine in the world. The medical universities of Georgia are the premium and the best option for any student who wants to study MBBS abroad.
The admission process for studying in Medical college in Georgia is very simple and hassle free. Students are not required to take any entrance test. The admission is done on the basis of the marks obtained in class 12th. After completing your MBBS from Georgia, you can directly apply for a screening test to get license to practice. The Medical universities and colleges in Georgia offer rich quality education with affordable cost as compared to other foreign countries.The facilities and infrastructure provided to the students are world class.
The medical universities of Georgia have got a worldwide recognition and offer high standard infrastructure and education. The medical universities of Georgia are recognized by MCI and WHO. The students obtaining MBBS from Georgia are eligible to work on any part of the world.
Why MBBS In Georgia?
[#] . Georgia has become a hot destination for students from around the world who want to pursue MBBS abroad
- > The medical universities of Georgia are recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO) and Medical Council of India(MCI).
- > The MBBS degree from the medical colleges of Georgia are globally accepted.
- > The students are allowed to participate in international conferences and seminars which helps them in gaining more knowledge and experience
- > The students in Georgia get sufficient discounts on travel within the country.
- > The top medical colleges of Georgia offer world class education with high outstanding staff.
- > The cost of the complete course of MBBS in Georgia very low compared to other countries.
Indian Students studying MBBS in Georgia
Every Year a large number of Indian students chose to study at Georgia. Due to limited number of seats and high costs of doing MBBS in India, they fly to Georgia for pursuing their dream. The renowned universities for Medicine in Ukraine are recognized by WHO, MCI and other countries medical councils. More than 15,000 Indian students are currently studying here. MBBS in Georgia is a good way for Indian students to study MBBS in Georgia and become global doctors. After MBBS in Georgia, they can practice anywhere.
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Georgia
- > 100% visa Approval rate
- > Highly Qualified Faculties.
- > Tution Fee is very low compared to Indian or other European Countries.
- > Living Expenses are much lower than other European Nations
- > Medium of instruction – English.
- > Crime and Corruption Free Country.
- > Visa free for Schengen Countries
- > Colleges and Universities are recognized by International Bodies and Organizations such as WHO, UNESCO, AMEE, IMED FAIMER.
- > Climate is moderate throughout the year.
- > Students graduating here can take screening tests like MCI (INDIA), USMLE (USA), PLAB (UK) etc.
- > Students with a gap of sometime in between their educational years are accepted without any issues.
INFORMATION REGARDING DURATION OF THE MD / MBBS IN GEORGIA.
The MD / MBBS in Europe is always 6 years program including internship. Georgia follows EU pattern of education and minimum 360 credits are required which is possible in 6 years. Few of the universities in Georgia are wrongly promoting with 5-year program format which is just to show that the budget is lesser. The admission letters issued by the Universities are always with 6 years! Accordingly, the cost applicable would be for 6 years though initial promotions are with 5 years program.
LIVING COST WHILE INDIAN STUDENTS PURSUE MD / MBBS IN GEORGIA.
The Indian Embassy has clearly stated that the living cost in Tbilisi Georgia is around US$ 400 per month. It works to around Rs. 27,000 per month and almost Rs. 3 Lacs per annum! Generally, the universities and their agents promote only the fees structure without much emphasis on the apartment and living cost. However, many Indian agents hide or misinform the living cost in Georgia. In reality, the cost per year to study MD / MBBS in Georgia in ‘B’ graded universities works to almost Rs. 6 Lacs per annum including tuition fees and living cost. The Indian students can study in A+ graded universities such asPirogov Russia NRM University located in the center of Moscow with this kind of budget!
Advisory for Indian Students wishing to study in Universities in Armenia and Georgia
Embassy of India
GENERAL ADVISORY FOR INDIAN STUDENTS WISHING TO STUDY IN ARMENIA AND GEORGIA
- 1. Armenia & Georgia offer higher education in medical, technical and humanitarian sciences.
- 2. Indian Students seeking admission in the Yerevan State Medical University (YSMU), Armenia or Tbilisi State Medical University (TSMU), are informed that the Medical Council of India (MCI) recognizes ONLY the MBBS degree. On completion of degree course at YSMU or TSMU, Indian students are required to clear the screening test conducted by MCI and to receive the certificate for medical practice in India as MBBS doctors. Therefore, recognition of medical degrees awarded by YSMU and TSMU is no more relevant.
- 3. It is mandatory that all the Certificates and mark sheets issued in India are to be apostilled at Ministry of External Affairs (CPV Division Patiala House), New Delhi for seeking admission
- 4. For clarification on eligibility certificate, please contact the Medical Council of India [Shri A.P. Baluni, Section Officer, Tel: 2536 7321; email: firstname.lastname@example.org].
- 5. YSMU in Armenia and TSMU in Georgia are only universities which are controlled by respective Governments. There are some privately owned medical universities in both these countries whose credentials are not known.
- 6. Indian Students are also hereby informed that the National Polytechnic and Architecture University of Armenia offers B.E., M.E. degrees & Ph.D. which are not recognized in India presently. However, an Inter-government agreement on mutual recognition of post graduate degrees & diploma with Armenia is under consideration.
- 7. Both Armenia and Georgia are cold countries. The temperature from mid November till mid-March dips below zero (-1 to -15 degree Celsius). The students are advised to equip themselves with sufficient woolen clothing and winter shoes.
Before leaving India
- 1. Armenia & Georgia are NOT part of Europe & NOT members of the European Union.
- 2. Browse through the websites of YSMU & TSMU attentively.
- 3. It is in the interest of aspiring students who wish to study in these universities to do thorough survey & satisfy themselves about the credibility of courses offered by these universities and also about their agents involved, if any. Some of the self-styled agencies of these Universities are advertising through their own website (s) and/or through electronic and print media and offering admission in these universities. These advertisements do not often present correct picture and in most of the cases, they are exaggerated. Please thoroughly crosscheck the authenticity of information circulated by them.
- 4. Get full and accurate details of actual costs involved such as Tuition Fee/Boarding/Lodging/Other Expenses. Also cross check and verify what the agent quotes. Both in Armenia and Georgia, in addition to tuition fee, a minimum US$ 300-400 per month is required to meet expenditure on accommodation, food, cell phone and other personal needs.
- 5. Students must check in advance the availability hostel facilities at the University where they are seeking admission. Presently, TSMU in Georgia doesn’t run its own hostels for students while in YSMU in Armenia offers hostels to new entrants. If deficit arises, senior (foreign) students are normally advised to move out of hostel and to arrange accommodation for self outside the campus. Students are also expected to make their own arrangements for food, if they wish. Some small eateries are available around hostels.
- 6. Some Indian restaurants are available in Yerevan and Tbilisi which are owned by local Indian businessmen at affordable rates.
- 7. Any student during the stay in Armenia/Georgia requires treatment for any complicated ailment/major surgery and etc, he/she is advised to go to India or elsewhere.